The tasks of the monitoring committee as laid down by legislation
Article 49 of Regulation (EU) No. 1303/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council
The monitoring committee reviews the implementation of the programme and the progress made towards achieving its objectives by considering:
- the financial data;
- common and programme-specific indicators;
- changes in the values of result indicators;
- progress towards quantified target values;
- milestones defined in the performance framework;
- results of qualitative analyses.
– Examines the circumstances that influence the performance of the programme.
– Submits an opinion on the proposal for amending the programme, if relevant.
– May submit comments on the performance and evaluation of the programme.
According to Article 110 of Regulation (EU) No. 1303/2013, the monitoring committee inspects the following:
– any circumstances that influence the performance of the operational programme;
– progress made in the performance of the evaluation plan and the follow-up measures of the evaluation results;
– the implementation of the communication strategy;
– the implementation of major projects;
– actions to promote equality between men and women, equal opportunities, and non-discrimination, including accessibility for persons with disabilities;
– actions to promote sustainable development;
– progress on actions to fulfil the applicable ex ante conditionalities;
– financial instruments.
According to Article 110 of Regulation (EU) No. 1303/2013, the monitoring committee inspects and approves the following:
– the methodology and criteria used for selection of operations (approved at the monitoring committee meeting of 30 April 2014);
– the annual implementation reports (2016–2023, deadline 31 May, except for 2017 and 2019 – deadline 30 June) and the final implementation report (2024);
– the evaluation plan for the operational programme (deadline is 1 year after the approval of the operational programme) and all amendments;
– the communication strategy for the operational programme (approved at the monitoring committee meeting of 30 April 2014) and all amendments;
– any proposals made by the managing authority for all amendments to the operational programme.
According to Article 70 of Regulation (EU) No. 1303/2013, the monitoring committee approves the following:
– relevant activities or activity types outside the programme area (i.e. Estonia), but within the Union, which promote the programme area and with their total amount not exceeding 15% of the support from the ERDF, the Cohesion Fund or the EMFF at the level of the priority, or 5% of the support from the EAFRD at the level of the programme.
Last updated: 07.05.2021